No Snow, No Problem!

Back to Article
Back to Article

No Snow, No Problem!

Taken from Pixabay.com

Taken from Pixabay.com

Taken from Pixabay.com

Recently, a decision by Superintendent Mr. Smith was made to add two built in and unused snow days to Spring Recess and Memorial Day weekend. Now, students will have off April 18th to April 26th for Spring Recess and May 27th and 28th for Memorial Day weekend.  Some may wonder why the additional days were not removed from the end of the year instead of adding them to previously scheduled holiday weekends.  Mr. Smith explained that due to the previously scheduled Project Graduation, the extra days could not be removed from the end of the year schedule.  

We figured we would give students and staff an extra day off because who doesn’t like extra vacation time!”

— Mr. Smith

Due to the lack of inclement weather during this past winter, the two built in snow days were unused. In a brief interview with Superintendent Mr. Smith, he explained that we usually build two extra snow days into the calendar in case of inclement weather.  “We figured we would give students and staff an extra day off because who doesn’t like extra vacation time!” said Mr. Smith during an interview.

The additional days were not removed from the end of the year due to previously scheduled Project Graduation.

This is a big contrast compared to last year’s Spring Recess. In 2018, staff and students lost a day of Spring Recess due to having 4 snow days. Staff and students also had to come into school on a Saturday for a half day.

The extra days have made students and staff very happy for these upcoming breaks. Seniors will especially enjoy Memorial Day weekend due to Senior Ball and the Senior Picnic lining up with the weekend. This was a great decision and we all can’t wait for Spring Recess!