The Point Press

• SUBSCRIBE through the following remind code to receive a text when a new edition is live: text @3e6246 to 81010

Marvel Studies Avengers: Endgame

Back to Article
Back to Article

Marvel Studies Avengers: Endgame

Photo taken from bgr.com

Photo taken from bgr.com

Photo taken from bgr.com

Photo taken from bgr.com

On April 26, 2019, Marvel Studios released Avengers: Endgame, possibly the last edition in their popular Avenger series of movies. The movie brought characters from almost every different Marvel movie together to fight a common threat – none other than the destroyer of worlds, Thanos. The hype around the movie was so widespread that advertisements even appeared in Fortnite, one of the most well-liked video games at the moment.

Once the movie was released, the directors had a spoiler-ban enforced; any social media platform would be required to take down all posts or comments which revealed even the smallest details of the film. Without leaking any spoilers, it’s safe to say that this particular movie influences many of Marvel’s upcoming movies. Every one of Marvel’s fantastic films all tie into each other, but Avengers: Endgame brought all of the superheroes together to create an amazing film.

After its release, Avengers: Endgame grossed over $2.1 billion dollars in the first week, surpassing all other films in a very short amount of time. If the movie keeps generating revenue at this rate, it will pass Marvel’s previous film, Avengers: Infinity War, which grossed over $18 billion dollars.

Avengers: Endgame is quickly rising as one of the highest grossing films of all time coming close to James Cameron’s Avatar which still holds the box office record for the highest grossing film. Avatar was released in 2009 and although it has a 10 year lead on Endgame, the film is still on the rise. Endgame has already surpassed and thus dethroned Titanic, which sat in second place to Avatar.

Endgame isn’t the only Marvel movie that made it onto the top 10 highest grossing films list either. According to Box Office Mojo, Avengers: Infinity War takes the number five spot, with Marvel’s Avengers at number seven, and Black Panther at number ten.

About the Writer
Matt Z., Photography Editor

I joined Journalism because I really like the news and have always wanted to be a reporter.  After high school I would like to become an astronomer, so...