Created by senior Shelby Oliphant
Created by senior Shelby Oliphant

Seniors Make a Mark

June 7, 2019

As Point Pleasant Boro High School gets ready to depart for summer break, we look back at the changes made this year. More specifically, the changes that will stay as permanent fixtures in the school. Class schedules may change, but art lasts forever. Along our hallways, departing students’ artwork is captured in time as senior murals. Senior students say goodbye to their childhood and face the stress of finals and college preparations, getting ready for adult-sized problems and bills. In order to relieve some of that stress, PPBHS seniors are painting murals.

This tradition has been in the Boro since 2016 and adds some life to our hallways. Although our senior hallway seems to be getting filled up, there is plenty of painting space on connecting hallways. When asked if the murals will continue after the senior hallway is filled, Ms. Laplaca replied, “KEEP GOING!” without hesitation. Hopefully, this tradition continues and is granted the well-deserved painting space.

The PPBHS arts program encompasses various mediums: from digital photography to your standard art class. For seniors who enjoy creating, the murals are a perfect spot to publicize your work. Any dedicated art student can apply to make a mural, but you must have credible artistic talent to be approved (no, you don’t have to possess the skills of Leonardo DaVinci). Any high school “doodler” could step up to the plate and plan a mural for future student generations to enjoy.

View Comments(1)

The Point Press • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All The Point Press Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• B

Brianna GallagherOct 10, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I would like to paint mural!!! I am in study hall so I will be able to do it during that period. 🙂

Reply
1