PPBHS Doubles the giving this holiday season

November 29, 2018

St. Gregory’s Pantry

Since the beginning of the school year, Point Pleasant Boro High School has been collecting items to donate to the food drive and the final day to give is December 7th. Donating food to the food drive is an excellent way for anyone to make a difference and help out the community. To encourage students to work toward ending hunger in the community, however, it is essential for them to know where their donations will be going.

Students from the PPBHS Senior Class volunteered during the day to deliver the food to St. Gregory’s Pantry in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. One student volunteer, Eric Wehmeyer, shared his experience. He said, “I had a blast, and got to meet some really great people. I would totally encourage others to do it. It is a great cause, and you’re doing it with your friends.”

The two teachers who run the food drive volunteer program are Mrs. Boska and Mrs. Ritter. In an email asking her about the food drive, Mrs. Ritter noted, “Point Boro is always so good at donating time and food.”

PPBHS and senior volunteers work with St. Gregory’s Pantry three times every year. Students deliver food to people around Point Pleasant that request food from the pantry. These students also volunteer their time by helping customers shop and deliver groceries to their homes, to help make shopping for food a stress-free experience. The pantry provides aid to around 10,000 people annually and PPBHS students volunteers help make that happen.