The Point Press

• SUBSCRIBE through the following remind code to receive a text when a new edition is live: text @3e6246 to 81010

Filed under NEWS

Always Count on Accounting

Back to Article
Back to Article

Always Count on Accounting

From April 1st to April 5th, Accounting teacher Mr.Johnson created a tournament that incorporates the classic board game Monopoly with accounting skills that he has taught to his classes throughout the year.

The Monopoly game really helps us manage our money and work through real-world problems that we may face. This course will really help us be successful in the future.”

— senior Parker Roncin

Students were able to play the regular Monopoly game but as an extension to the rules and a way to incorporate accounting, they were required to document all of their financial entries. For example, students had to track their buying and spending throughout the game.  “Accounting is the language of business. If you understand accounting, you understand what is really going on with the business,” said Mr. Johnson while explaining how accounting is a part of everyday life outside of high school.

Mr. Johnson has had an impact on many of his students that have taken accounting over the years. By taking this class, students transitioning into adulthood feel more prepared for life after high school and eventually college.  Senior Parker Roncin, who takes the accounting course, stated, “ I think Accounting class is amazing and Mr. Johnson is a great teacher. He helps us understand everything about the class. The Monopoly game really helps us manage our money and work through real-world problems that we may face. This course will really help us be successful in the future.”

The game of Monopoly simulates real-life scenarios as users begin with a limited amount of money and then have the opportunity to build themselves up by either earning or losing money.  Mr. Johnson cares about each and every one of his students and his classes learn a lot from taking his course. It is amazing how one class can have so much of an impact on our futures.

1 Comment

One Response to “Always Count on Accounting”

1. R Muraglia on April 12th, 2019 7:31 am

A great highlight to a great teacher MR JOHNSON!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

No Snow, No Problem!

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Do You Even Row?

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Recovering from the Christchurch Shooting

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

NJ Looks to Ban Huck Finn

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Boro is on Point

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Point Pleasant Boro Police: Explorer Post #183

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Zombie deer arriving in New Jersey

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Sharing a Little Love With Schroth School

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

Generous Jeans

• Always Count on Accounting

NEWS

The Growing Epidemic of Water Pollution

The Online Student Newspaper of Point Pleasant Boro High School, Point Pleasant, NJ
Always Count on Accounting