Online School is Different for Students and Teachers

Sophomore, Evan Melito, does his online school work from his room.

The Coronavirus brought along many problems with it. However, one of the biggest issues to tackle was how schools would still continue learning. Schools shutting down have affected both students and teachers, and they had to find new ways to be productive out of the classroom. Online learning has been implemented in several different ways.

I like the Zoom meetings, especially in Algebra, because I get to talk to my teachers and classmates in person and it helps me understand the assignments more clearly.

— Josh Cotta

Point Pleasant Boro High School, has successfully provided online school work through Google Classroom. For most classes, the teachers post work on Monday and have it due on Friday.  This provides freedom for the students and lets them complete their work whenever it is convenient for them. With the work comes helpful videos made by the teachers themselves to further explain the criteria.

PPBHS has also recently announced that there will be virtual meetings with each class at least once a week. Not only do virtual classes give online learning more structure because it sets a schedule, but allows for face-to-face contact with students, teachers, and classmates. Teachers that have set virtual meetings since the shut down are already ahead of the game.

Sophomore Josh Cotta, a straight A student, has been to multiple live lessons. He states, “I like the Zoom meetings, especially in Algebra, because I get to talk to my teachers and classmates in person and it helps me understand the assignments more clearly.”

The support from the teachers and staff members at PPBHS is always there. The teachers are easily reachable through email and they reply with helpful information. Not only do they care about your education, but also for your well being too. Online learning is a new experience for everyone, so why not make it a good one?