Panther Pride Shines on Be On Point Day

The beginning of the school year is always an exciting time for students; this year was no exception. For the first time since 2019, the Be On Point committee and Student Council organized a day of activities ending with a pep rally on the football field. 

The day started with a Baron’s Bagel breakfast in students’ homeroom classes. Small activities were completed as students went to different classrooms throughout the morning that involved getting to know each other and working together. Through the art department, students completed a mural for their grade levels. Students wrote a positive affirmation on cloth canvas, covered one of each of their hands in paint, and stamped them out to write out the numbers of their graduating year.

After lunch, students headed out to the football field to begin the pep rally. Each grade was wearing a school color with the freshmen wearing gray, sophomores wearing gold or yellow, juniors wearing white, and seniors wearing black. Each grade filed into their sections of the bleachers while members of the marching band performed. The pep rally was filled with many fun activities, including relay races, a hula hoop contest, a push-up contest, ‘heads, shoulders, knees, and toes’, tic tac toe, and a frozen t-shirt contest. All activities were completed by both students from all grade levels and staff members.

The day was a great success and definitely showed that there is no school community like Point Boro. Hopefully, we will be able to continue to have fun days like this and get to showcase the power of our Panther pride.