Tailgates Hosted for Students Before Senior Nights

This month, the Sports Management classes have teamed up with our Be On Point committee and hosted two “tailgates” in order to support various sports’ Senior Nights and raise money. This allowed students to get together before the sporting events to enjoy food and games. These events have resulted in a larger turnout of students to both the wrestling match against Holmdel on February 6th, as well as the girl’s basketball game against Freehold Boro on the 15th. 

The tailgates were held in the cafeteria from 4:15-5:00 where there was food, games, and music for students and staff to enjoy. Students were able to purchase $3 tickets in the main office in order to cover their admission fees and enjoy the all-you-can-eat Bubbakoos provided by the Sports Management classes. Kids competed in games such as checkers and ping-pong and spent time with their peers and teachers before watching the Senior Night ceremonies.

After speaking with Mr. Johnson, the Sports Management teacher, we got an insight into the importance of these tailgates. He explained how by hosting these events, the Point Boro community is being brought back together after the pandemic stopped events like these from being held.

From the support of the Sports Management classes helping out Be On Point, the school has been able to boost school spirit while encouraging students to engage in school activities and cheer on their athletes.