Get Involved at Point Pleasant Boro

As we go through high school, we are told to join clubs and get involved with activities outside the classroom, but often students don’t know where to start. At Point Pleasant Boro, there are plenty of clubs for people of all kinds with different interests.

Getting involved with your grade is a great place to start. Each class will complete activities like helping plan events and fundraisers for your grade. You also can run for leadership positions that look great on resumes for colleges 

Each grade-level advisor is listed below:

• Seniors: Mrs. Jensen
  • Juniors: Mrs. Errichiello 
  • Sophomores: Mrs. Mitreuter 
  • Freshmen: Ms. Walsh 

If you want to get involved in more specific clubs, here is a list of some interesting clubs that a lot of students might not know about. 

Eco Club 

Eco Club is a group with the main objective of making an environmental difference, even if it is just locally. They participate in events like volunteering, beach and park cleanups, and projects to bring awareness. It is a relatively new club and would be happy to take in new members. 

Mrs. LaPlaca is the advisor and the club was started by senior Sophia DeCeaser. 

Book Club 

Meetings are held once a month to discuss what the chosen book was for that month. Members get the chance to socialize with others, become more aware of genres and authors, and get the chance to have something to read for pleasure. All are welcome to the meetings even if you did not read that month’s book. 

Mrs. Padula is the advisor. 

Forensics 

Forensics is a competitive acting and speech team that competes in tournaments during the winter months. It is a great space for members to practice their performance, debate, and public speaking skills and to meet others from all over the state. 

Mr. Kerns is the advisor. 

Literary Magazine 

Literary Magazine is a space for creative writers, artists, and photographers. Twice a year (once in the winter, once in the spring) they put together a magazine to showcase creativity across multiple mediums. Meetings are held 2-3 times a month to discuss formatting and to vote on submissions. 

Mrs. Boska is the advisor. 

Newspaper

Newspaper is a club that meets once a month to discuss ideas for stories to write and publish for The Point Press. They cover an array of topics from school news, and local news, to movie reviews, and pop culture news. They are always looking for new members to write and publish alongside the students in Journalism class.

The advisor is Mrs. Jensen. 

Link to Google Classroom codes, Remind codes, and advisor e-mails about each club mentioned, and more can be found at the following link:

Check out Club Information Here!