Panthers After High School

With the year ending, The Point Press wants to talk about some of our senior Panthers and their plans after high school. Looking at everyone in the senior class and their future plans, it shows how successful the class of 2023 is academically and athletically. We have many people continuing their athletic careers in college sports like, track and field, basketball, field hockey, baseball, lacrosse, and more.

We also have a few ivy league commits like Shea Burke and Sarah Rusher who are both going to Princeton! There is a huge variety of colleges this class is attending, many people are staying close to home in New Jersey colleges like Ocean County College, Stockton, Rowan, The College Of New Jersey, and Monmouth, but others are going far like Coastal Carolina, Florida Atlantic, University of Miami, Louisiana State, University of Delaware, Clemson, and more. I was able to talk to some graduating seniors about their post-high school plans and here’s what some people had to say.

The first person I talked to was Alanna Schnorrbusch: “I am going to Stockton University with a major in communications concentrated in media production. Once I graduate I am hoping to get into some form of video editing and social media production.” 

The next graduating senior I spoke with was Andrew Warade: “I am moving to Florida and going to a community college and taking a few classes, then I will be going to a state university.”

Another senior, Kelly Burns, shared, “I’m going to Montclair University with a major in nursing and playing field hockey, I will be the first person to play field hockey and have a major in nursing.” 

Stated next are some colleges the seniors will be attending (not all are listed below):

• Ocean County College
  • University of Delaware
  • Clemson
  • University of Miami
  • Coastal Carolina University
  • Lafayette
  • Monmouth University
  • Roger Williams University
  • Louisiana State University
  • The College Of New Jersey
  • Virginia Tech
  • University of Vermont
  • Florida Atlantic University
  • Montclair University
  • Marist College
  • Jacksonville University
  • Stockton University
  • West Virginia University 
  • Villanova University
  • University of Massachusetts Amherst
  • Bucknell University
  • Rutgers University
  • United States Army

These are just a few of the amazing colleges the 2023 class is attending. Point Boro has so many more talented and intelligent students continuing their academics after high school, that there are just too many to include! Let’s finish the year strong, roll Boro!