Spring Chorus Concert Kicks Off End Of Year Celebration

As seniors in high school who are graduating in less than a month, we unfortunately must now treasure all of our last moments together. This past week, the high school put on our last concert for the 2022-23 school year. The chorus sang through a 45 minute long concert filled with smiles, dancing, and tears.

The chorus program that our school has is made up of such a close knit group of students and seniors who will be greatly missed. Not only are our performing arts programs important to the students who take part in them, but they also make such an impact on the community of people who watch and listen to the performances. 

We interviewed a few of our talented seniors in the chorus and here is what they had to say:

Senior Aidan Gay explained, “the chorus concert was super fun and it was a wonderful last hoorah for my senior year.”

Ramses Mondragon told us, “even though it was my first time and my last time in a chorus concert, I made a lot of friends and learned a lot of things in an experience I can’t describe in words but it was always so good.”

Aly Stefan, who played a large part in putting this show together describes, “it was an amazing last concert and I am so happy I got to be a part of it with all of my best friends. I will dearly miss it and never forget this experience.”

Lastly we spoke with a fellow student who, rather than performing on the stage, watched from the crowd. Alanna Schnorrbusch told us, “I thought it was good and my favorite part was probably the guys’ song, Sh-Boom. I would also say it was sad at the end because I saw all the seniors upset.”

The seniors, at the end of the concert, surprised our amazing director with a brand new coffee machine, a personalized signed card, and a put together a song we have all sang together in the beginning of the year. The concert order was as follow:

• “Will I’” from the musical RENT
  • “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon and Garfunkel
  • “Tortoise and The Hare” by Darmon Meader
  • “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” by the Andrews Sisters
  • “Sound of Silence” by Simon and Garfunkel 
  • “Because” by the Beatles 
  • “You Make Me Feel” by Carol King
  • “Sh-Boom” by The Chords
  • “Into the West” by Annie Lenox and Howard Shore
  • “Homeward Bound” by Simon and Garfunkel 
  • “Will the Circle” by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Johnny Cash
  • “Leave Me Here” by HEM
  • ** And “So It Goes” by Billy Joel as a surprise song performed by only the senior class of ‘23 

In conclusion, chorus concerts like the one held on Wednesday, May 17th bring the school together, and bring the community closer together. As this senior class went through a lot of hardships due to missed concerts and practice time together because of Covid-19, this chorus concert gave the students and teachers involved a chance to show off their hard work and improvement from the winter concert and years before.