PPBHS Deals With Bike Theft

The Point Pleasant Boro High School community has been hit by several bike thefts in the 2018-2019 school year. Students have been taking bikes without permission from the bike racks, as well as from the fences surrounding the fields.

These incidents were first reported at the beginning of the school year, several weeks ago. Thus far, there have been 5 bikes reported stolen. The real issue is not only that students are stealing bikes, but that the bikes are being returned to the school broken.

Currently the first offense is detention, next, we are deciding if suspensions should be held.

— Mr. Terranova

In an interview with Attendance Officer, Mr. Terranova, he explained that if someone has full permission to borrow the bike from another student, then it is fine. In dealing with the bike theft, the policy is as follows: “currently the first offense is detention, next, we are deciding if suspensions should be held,” Mr. Terranova stated in an interview.

When asked about the issue at hand, a student accused of bike theft stated,“ I simply told [the school] that it wasn’t my bike and I got the heat for it. My bike has been stolen many times. I have never said anything because it hasn’t been a problem for me.”

While the source wished to remain anonymous in this article, this voice represents the point of view of many students on this issue. Although bike theft is not a large problem for the majority of the student body, it is still something that the PPBHS community must deal with.