The Point Press

• SUBSCRIBE through the following remind code to receive a text when a new edition is live: text @3e6246 to 81010

Filed under SPORTS

Lacrosse Recap

Sitting at 7-8 for the season and 3-3 in the division, the Point Boro Men’s Lacrosse team couldn’t be more proud of the season. Although facing a tough loss in the first round of the Shore Conference Tournament (SCT) to Holmdel 11-1, this was the first time PPBHS made it to the SCT since 2016.

Despite the recent loss, the boys had many memorable wins this season. The game against Donovan Catholic is one to remember. Away at Donovan on Senior Night, the momentum wasn’t there at first, but as the Point Boro crowd showed up the boys spirits did too. Starting the 4th quarter leading at 9-7, Donovan seemed to be coming back by scoring 4 goals late in the quarter, but it wasn’t enough to stop the Panthers from scoring 3 more goals and ending the game, Panthers 12, Donovan 11.

The team will greatly miss the graduating seniors, but their achievements are here to stay. Currently, senior goalie Parker Roncin, leads the program with the most saves in a season, 200, and the most career saves with 637. While on the offensive side of the field, senior Cormac McCabe has beat the program’s record of most goals in a single season with 37. The seniors’ achievements made a huge impact on the team this year.

With spring sports coming to end, the lacrosse program views the season as a success. They finally ended their postseason drought and gained many memories along the way. Coaches Brady, Noonan, and Kendall were a big help in progressing the program and creating a player culture like no other. As summer and fall leagues soon begin, the players will keep the momentum going. Next year, the team looks to continue improvements.

About the Writer
Benjamin B., Staff

I joined Journalism to be with Mrs. Jensen for 3 years in a row!  Also, I like writing and am glad that I get to apply it to the school newspaper. After...