Shakespeare in Love

The Point Pleasant Borough High School Performing Arts Department will be presenting Shakespeare in Love. The show dates for the annual fall play are November 14th, 15th and 16th. A ticket is only $10.00 and can be purchased ahead of time by calling the box office at 732-701-1900 x2218.

I think it’s an important play for students to come see because it will teach them so much about Shakespeare and history!

— acting teacher Mrs. Muraglia

Shakespeare in Love is a captivating, new stage adaption of Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard’s academy award-winning film. The story follows young William Shakespeare as he struggles with writer’s block while creating his newest play. He meets a woman, Viola, who is not only determined to appear in his next play but is also his greatest admirer. Viola will do anything, legal or illegal, to try and get a part in his play. Eventually, she ends up being the inspiration for Shakespeare which enables him to write a remarkable masterpiece. 

Throughout high school, all students are introduced to William Shakspeare in one way or another. Now students, as well as anyone who is interested, can go see the production about the known Shakespeare and learn some more about him. This isn’t an hour-long history class period or reading 20 pages in a textbook, it is a play cast with the students of Point Boro that we can learn from.  One of the play’s directors, acting teacher Mrs. Muraglia said, “I think it’s an important play for students to come see because it will teach them so much about Shakespeare and history!” 

The leads of the play are senior Ryan Jasaitis as William Shakespeare and junior Aislyn Lapp as Viola de Lesseps. It is obvious that so much goes into the process of casting, creating and ultimately producing a play. We are so excited to see how the outstanding performing arts students shine yet again.