Student Council Virtual Newsletter: February 2021

Please follow us on Instagram and Twitter @PPBHSstuco

Valentine’s Day Cards for Grace Healthcare Services

To promote compassion on Valentine’s Day, the Student Council is creating cards for hospice patients at Grace Healthcare Services. In order to foster positivity and joy during this time, the Council is encouraging all students to help contribute to such a meaningful cause. 

Random Acts of Kindness Week: February 16th-19th

Spirit Days

• Tues. 2/16: We Don’t Hide from Kindness! Wear Camo!
  • Wed. 2/17: We Love Kindness! Dress In Red or Pink!
  • Thurs. 2/18: Peace, Love, Hope & Kindness! Wear Some Groovy 70’s Inspired Clothing – Tie Dye and Peace Signs!
  • Fri. 2/19: Share the Spirit of Kindness! Wear your Panther Gear and Black and Gold!

The Student Council is leading the Random Acts of Kindness Week in our School. Together, the Council is planning on promoting kindness within our School community. Whether it be through a variety of daily activities or theme day challenges, the Student Council is committed to create empathy throughout the week.

Can Tabs

The Student Council is collecting FULL sandwich size bags of can tabs. These tabs will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House. These tabs have helped cover the cost of their electricity bill in the past. Please turn in these bags to Ms. Salvatoriello in the School Counseling Office. Thank you so much.

Past Events

• Students Change Hunger Food Drive
    • The Student Council helped to run and oversee The Students Change Hunger Food Drive in the High School. The Food Drive collections directly benefited our community. Point Pleasant families are ever appreciative of these contributions. Thank you so much to everyone who had supported our local families by donating to the Food Drive.
  • St. Gregory’s Pantry Gift Card Collection
    • The Student Council collected gift cards for St. Gregory’s Pantry. Collectively, the Council donated over $635 worth of gift cards. Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped spread the Holiday cheer.
  • Holiday Sweater Contest
    • Congratulations to Ms. McCourt, the winner of the annual Holiday Sweater Contest. Thank you so much to everyone who donated and participated.
  • Thanksgiving (11/23-11/25) and Holiday Spirit Weeks (12/21-12/23)
  • Thank you to all who participated in one of our spirit days, helping to unite as a Panther Family.

Thank you so much. Make sure to be on the lookout for new Student Council Events by following our

Instagram and Twitter pages:

@PPBHSstuco