Homecoming Spirit Despite COVID Setbacks

Congratulations to the 2020 Homecoming Court!

A week of school spirit and unity, this homecoming week is definitely going to be written in the books as very different this year. Our school student council has worked hard to plan a homecoming week with school events to bring students together, even during the midst of a global pandemic.

Without the help of our volunteer students, we wouldn’t have been able to see the festive decorations set up in all the hallways, including posters, streamers, balloons and more. The decorations and festivities really got the students into the school spirit! This year’s “Homecoming Remix” spirit week was a full week of class spirit and fun. Monday’s theme was class colors: freshman being gray, sophomores yellow, juniors white, and seniors black. Tuesday was dress to impress, Wednesday dress in Disney attire, Thursday was a blast from the past/ decades and lastly to end the week, Friday’s theme was to wear our school colors black and gold!

As a setback due to COVID, there were no gatherings or assemblies for homecoming week. Although, our student council pulled together a virtual trivia night! It was a part of the homecoming remix and was held on Tuesday March 23 at 6:30 pm. Mrs. O’Boyle took home the grand prize winning trivia night. Additionally, on Friday, the Homecoming King and Queen were announced in the auditorium with a live streamed ceremony that the school could enjoy. With all the differences due to COVID our school still pulled together to give our students a homecoming week to remember.