2023 PPBHS Local Scholarships

Created+by%3A+Alanna+S.+

Created by: Alanna S.

Scholarships are a huge opportunity for upcoming college students to get money off their college costs. There are a variety of scholarships you can apply for. Many of these scholarships require an essay, but some only ask you to answer a few questions. Scholarships can be found in the ‘My Drive’ part of Scoir. Here are just a few local scholarships you can apply to right now: 

1. PPEA Scholarship 
  • This scholarship is for anyone in the class of 2023 at Point Pleasant Boro High School. It consists of a Google Form with basic questions. The deadline for this scholarship is March 31, 2023. 
  1. Point Pleasant Boro Rotary Club
  • This scholarship requires an essay on the “4 Way Test” and additional information such as your transcript, community service, and more. The deadline is March 31, 2023 for a chance to receive $2,500. Six winners will be selected. 
  1. PPBHS PTO Scholarship
  • Think back on your high school experience. Out of your four years, what was your favorite memory? If there is a memory you remember so clearly, you have an opportunity to write an essay (only 250 words). The due date for this scholarship is April 3, 2023. 
  1. Nellie Bennett PTO Scholarship
  • This is for students who attended Nellie Bennett Elementary School only. Two people can receive $750 by including your transcript, filling out the cover sheet, and writing an essay about prompts given. 
  1. Ocean Road School PTO Scholarship
  • This is for students who attended Ocean Road Elementary school only. You need to fill out the sheet, give an essay on your community service through the years, and a copy of your transcript. 

There are plenty of scholarships out there for almost anything. The more you apply for, the better chance of securing possible opportunities for financial aid. If you have any questions or need more information on scholarships, feel free to stop into guidance.